In 1980 a professional mining engineer pursued his passion for high performance lubricants for the mining industry and introduced synthetic Lubricants into South African market. HABOT - a fully synthetic oil blender and marketer was born. In 1988, HABOT built its own production facility in Krugersdorp – it was the first plant of its kind in South Africa, dedicated to blending synthetic lubricants, and offering a full range of fully synthetic lubricants
In the 1990’s HABOT became an exclusive distributor of Nyco of France, Europe’s leading manufacturer of synthetic base oils, industrial, aviation and military lubricants, promoting and marketing military and defence lubricants. Today, HABOT has been relocated to a larger site in Johannesburg, Industrial West, with a state of the art blending plant, stainless steel bulk storage tanks for raw materials and finished lubricants, larger testing laboratory and a greater focus on customer service and support.
HABOT has a longstanding commitment to maintain the highest ethical standards. HABOT fosters a culture that embraces honesty, integrity and responsibility in everything we do. Our mission is to deliver the highest Quality Lubricants possible and to do so by consistently focusing on meeting customers’ needs and protecting the environment.
HABOT is committed to:
- Responsible Manufacturing – Manufacturing products in a manner that protects employees, the community, and the environment in which we live.
- Efficient Use of Resources – Minimise waste, increasing process efficiency and promoting the health and safety of our employees through technology and employee awareness and training.
- Support – Periodically review and reaffirm its environmental management systems – encompassing, Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety and Quality Management
- Safe Use of Products – Provide customers, information in the appropriate use of HABOT’S products in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Reducing Waste – Prevention of pollution by reducing waste, recycling materials and disposal of waste in a certified and environmentally acceptable manner.
- Commitment – Full compliance with all relevant occupational health, safety and environmental legislations and regulations, both nationally and internationally
Unique and proprietary technology enables HABOT’S products to outperform ordinary synthetic and conventional oils. In order to appreciate the technological advances of synthetic oil, it is important to understand the four basic functions of motor oil: to lubricate moving parts, act as a cooling fluid, flush moving parts and seal the rings. Petroleum-based motor oil will begin to break down due to the heat in the engine, eventually forming sludge, gum and varnish.
HABOT’s lubricants are 100% fully synthetic, chemically engineered Poly-Alpha-Olefins (PAO’s) and ester chemistries, thermally stable, maintaining the proper viscosity at temperatures from -550C to 2800C; manufactured and supplied by world leaders in synthetic base oils technologies; carefully formulated with unique additive chemistries to provide significant PERFORMANCE ADVANTAGES, which eliminate the formation of sludge, gum and varnish in the engines and industrial equipment.
Over the last three decades HABOT has set the standards by which other lubricants are measured. From industrial applications where they were effective in finding cost-cutting alternatives to meet higher operating costs, appreciated by the professional industrial and mining engineers, by reducing the service frequency and greatly improving efficiency on all fronts, to aviation applications where product quality and integrity are critical and a NO-COMPROMISE approach is fundamental.
WHY USE SYNTHETICS:
- Outstanding performance
- Superior wear protection
- Excellent extreme temperature performance
- Fuel economy and efficiency
- Longer drain intervals
- Environmentally friendly
- Substantial savings in time and overall costs, with added performance.